High popularity animal WITH realistic breeding costs

Post here if you have any ideas on how this game or subsequent versions could be improved! Please note we do not comment on any proposal made, or add every new idea to the game.
Hyperion

High popularity animal WITH realistic breeding costs

Postby Hyperion » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Given the appearance and disappearance of a high popularity, high value (500K, 5 mio) moon bear today, I thought I formulate what I really liked and really did not like about that. I very much hope for some high popularity animals that at the same time do not have insane breeding costs in % of purchasing price. It used to be that the breeding was 10% of the value for most animals (yes I know that is a bit longer ago). The trend has long been to increase this, no problem. However, given that we have only certain breeding chances, breeding is not worth it anymore if the % is too high. If I am not confident that on average every third or so breeding will be successful, then anything getting close to 30% I am just not breeding but buying. Pigeon, foxface, or striped owl, I never breed. Beluga, sohal and others I do.

Obviously this is not an exact science, or even probability, and preferences differ. Nonetheless, the wish for high pop is there, but they should be reasonable to breed. Not cheap, but reasonable relative to the value/popularity.

This of course indirectly speaks to the museum animals too where breeding costs are in no relation to the popularity, which for the quagga is lower than the stork with breeding about 5 times as high. (Still happy with the museum animals, just as a general trend this is getting a bit extreme.)

I would have been very happy, if the value of the moon bear would have been kept but the breeding costs would have been lowered to about 10-15 %. 500K-750K I would have happily paid for breeding for a bear with that popularity.

So, in short, please bring some high popularity animals with "reasonable" breeding in % of value.
Last edited by Hyperion on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperion, S1, http://www.myfreezoo.com/nickpage/index/user/11085811
MFZ org is looking for active members. If you are interested, please contact Hyperion or Thalla.

wildfarm

Re: High popularity animal WITH realistic breeding

Postby wildfarm » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:01 am

good post i am just starting to breed my animals is there a list of good animals to breed with there success rates i don't want to waste valueable time and money on animals that just won't breed well many thanks wildplace s2

Hyperion

Re: High popularity animal WITH realistic breeding

Postby Hyperion » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 am

A recent example is the new marsh deer. Breeding costs are about 25% of the purchasing price, not the worst we've had but quite high. If they work well then breeding is still cheaper than buying at full price (I have full breeding equipment and all breeding slots). Now though they failed twice. this is not surprising but gets to having spent about half the store price already (not counting potential sales). If the next succeeds then it will cost 375K already.

In the end it is luck and preference. As long as I need the breeding slots for other animals, it seems just so much easier, and less frustrating, to simply buy these. Zd are constantly the bottleneck in my zoo anyway, so i am careful where i put my money.

If the breeding costs somewhere in the range of 10-15% as they are with the lower animals, I would be happily breeding these. Many of the fish were like that, expensive to breed but also high in value/popularity and clearly cheaper to breed than buy.

If a few animals have these high relative breeding costs, like the pigeon or the foxface, fine. Waiting to get one on sale has become something of a hobby. However, the trend seems to be toward a bad breeding cost to popularity /value ratio and hence I wish for some high pop animals with low relative breeding costs.
Hyperion, S1, http://www.myfreezoo.com/nickpage/index/user/11085811
MFZ org is looking for active members. If you are interested, please contact Hyperion or Thalla.

Return to “Suggestions and Proposals”