Zyonmkxq wrote:FINALLY ZYONMKXQ HAS RETURNED!
And just when I thought I had given up on this game...So I was bored with some other building games and I decided to play some cubelands classic for awhile and then GC tells me that the "new" cubelands has entered beta and I'm like "pfft, whatever, that version sucks anyway," and GC is all like "no no no no no no, they completely re-did it," and I'm like "pfft, no way," and GC is like "YES WAY!" so I'm like "fine, I guess I can give it a look," and so I did....
I have to say I am really impressed, looks like upjers has turned over a new leaf. There are so many improvements with the game, I cant even list them all. The game isnt quite perfect yet but it is like night and day from before. I honestly do not have much to complain about with this new version but there are a few things that bother me.
1. pet prices are too high, they should be like half of what they are
2. impossible achievements...I know this has been mentioned before and supposively there was some kind of fix but even so, some of the achievements are just ridiculous....for example the level 9 building/destroying achievements which require you to build/destroy something like over 7 million blocks...even when the game was hosted on kongregate and I was able to use speed hack-after several months of playing competitively for highscores I only built something like 4-5 million blocks...and that is with using 10X speed....and this version has hack protection so if you use speed hack you are booted within seconds, (Ive tried) so basically it would takes years to accomplish those achievements, and that is only one example, honestly nearly all the achievements need to be reworked
3. limit to friend's list, theres an achievement for having 50 friends and that is the max amount of friends you can have, I dont think there should be a limit and if there has to be a limit I would like it raised to like 100 or 200 friends because its extremely frustrating when you keep getting a bunch of "ring other player's gongs" quests and you only have 50 friends on your friend's list and if you have already rung all their gongs you are forced to pay diamonds to go to random worlds, another fix could be to just make it so that you can go to random player worlds for free without paying diamonds
4. wait time between quests, this is what annoys me the most, you can only do a handful of quests before you are forced to wait hours to do the next quest, because of this there really isnt much change then from an energy based system because you can only play a limited amount of time before having to wait many hours to progress, I know you can "buy" premium and with that the wait time is removed but currently the only way to obtain diamonds is randomly from grab bags with the rare occaisonal chance of winning 1 hour of premium, so I suggest increase the frequency/odds of being able to win 1 hour premium from grab bags or increase the amount of diamonds you can win from grab bags
4.5: diamonds, like stated above they are too hard to obtain, they are offered as rewards from grab bags but most oftenly you will only win 1 per grab bag if any at all, they are only offered as 1 diamond rewards and 9 diamonds (extremely rare) I think the 1 diamond reward should be replaced by the 9 diamond reward and make a better reward for the "rare" reward like 20-30 diamonds, now I understand there is supposed to be some kind of incentive for players to invest money in this game so that you can make a profit but currently there are no such offers available so another fix for this problem can be to get some kind of payment system up and running, I would be confortable investing $5 for 500 diamonds, an example payment system can be $5 for 500 diamonds, $10 for 1200 diamonds and $20 for 2500 diamonds, that way there would be more incentive to invest more money, that being said you could also add more items to the shop which could be buyable with diamonds, ect. ect.
5. account resetting, not really a problem but something that worries me, during alpha accounts have been wiped several times which is one of the major reasons I quit the game, I just didnt see the purpose of investing any time or effort into the game if all accounts were just going to be reset and I would have to work from scratch all over again anyway, I would like to know if there is any possibility of that happening again because I am hoping there isnt, the game with its very few problems aside is finally enjoyable again and I would rather not have a reason to quit a 2nd time
Final thoughts, I am amazed at how much cubelands has improved since that last time I played. Many of my friends and I have been exetremely critical of upjers in the past and even resentful, most of us gave up on the game along time ago but you guys have really turned around. I cant really express how proud and impressed I am with the latest developement of cubelands. I hope you guys continue to listen to the community and continue improving the game. So major props to upjers, I feel glad to be back. Maybe this time I will be here to stay.