Awesome update!

MasterofCubes

Awesome update!

Postby MasterofCubes » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 pm

With that update, this game can be proudly called a building game now that there's less grinding because 1 mined block = ∞ blocks and quests, boosters and achievements were totally reworked. I personally like the new option of buying worlds because it allows you to have different "maps" with different themes. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that but you get an flat world. Some pre-made stuff would be nice to give some inspiration. You can double-jump now and that's fun. I don't see the option of buying cubes but I hope you'll implement later and remove tools as well because if we can build unlimited blocks, we should be able to destroy unlimited blocks and there's nothing to mine in our world. I'm still "hostile" to energy but there's lot of less grinding now for gold. Many games are "promoting" user content by making contest or giving virtual currency based on rating/plays. I believe that you should players that make good maps with something because the content they make increases the "value" of the game. I would like to see some "public" areas and maps with multiple owners. Habbo is popular because there's big maps where many players contributed to it so it could work very well with Cubelands. The game loads faster and the menu looks nicer so more "visitors" will decide to play the game after their first try.

Congratulations for the beginning of Beta Stage!

Discuss about what you like about the new update.
Last edited by MasterofCubes on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MasterofCubes

Re: Awesome update!

Postby MasterofCubes » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Diamonds were given to the Beta Testers but all accounts were deleted so they're lost. Will you give out something to the Old Cubelands players? The premium status is respected because you didn't removed the game but they excepted some updates to Old Cubelands.

Edit: It seems like you're doing something because I got back my premium account back but not the diamonds yet.

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:13 am

Hi MasterofCubes,

first of all thanks a lot for the feedback, it's much appreciated! :D

I copay/pasted your comments to our suggestions area, too, so they are easier to find. :)

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1171&p=14987

About the diamonds: they were passed out in the alpha-stage, to allow all players to test out new features and to have our team see the results.

Now the game is in beta stage, we also need to see the progress our players make with fewer diamonds. It's quite possible though, there'll be donations later on, too - I think that always depends on what our team is testing out at the time. As the boosters have changed, however, you'll now be able to gain premium accounts and many objects with them, that generally you'd have to buy via diamonds - and you can get diamonds with boosters also, so it seems pretty even to me. Plus, each account starts off with 50 diamonds already - I don't know whether you noticed that when you signed up. :) (I just double-checked to be extra-sure myself).

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

GodCreator

Postby GodCreator » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Wow, this game has changed a lot! I like the beta update! The only thing I want now is multiplayer XD =) Nice updates

-GodCreator/GC

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:03 am

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated! :D

Cheers,

pearlbay

Zyonmkxq

Postby Zyonmkxq » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 pm

FINALLY ZYONMKXQ HAS RETURNED!

And just when I thought I had given up on this game...So I was bored with some other building games and I decided to play some cubelands classic for awhile and then GC tells me that the "new" cubelands has entered beta and I'm like "pfft, whatever, that version sucks anyway," and GC is all like "no no no no no no, they completely re-did it," and I'm like "pfft, no way," and GC is like "YES WAY!" so I'm like "fine, I guess I can give it a look," and so I did....

I have to say I am really impressed, looks like upjers has turned over a new leaf. There are so many improvements with the game, I cant even list them all. The game isnt quite perfect yet but it is like night and day from before. I honestly do not have much to complain about with this new version but there are a few things that bother me.

1. pet prices are too high, they should be like half of what they are

2. impossible achievements...I know this has been mentioned before and supposively there was some kind of fix but even so, some of the achievements are just ridiculous....for example the level 9 building/destroying achievements which require you to build/destroy something like over 7 million blocks...even when the game was hosted on kongregate and I was able to use speed hack-after several months of playing competitively for highscores I only built something like 4-5 million blocks...and that is with using 10X speed....and this version has hack protection so if you use speed hack you are booted within seconds, (Ive tried) so basically it would takes years to accomplish those achievements, and that is only one example, honestly nearly all the achievements need to be reworked

3. limit to friend's list, theres an achievement for having 50 friends and that is the max amount of friends you can have, I dont think there should be a limit and if there has to be a limit I would like it raised to like 100 or 200 friends because its extremely frustrating when you keep getting a bunch of "ring other player's gongs" quests and you only have 50 friends on your friend's list and if you have already rung all their gongs you are forced to pay diamonds to go to random worlds, another fix could be to just make it so that you can go to random player worlds for free without paying diamonds

4. wait time between quests, this is what annoys me the most, you can only do a handful of quests before you are forced to wait hours to do the next quest, because of this there really isnt much change then from an energy based system because you can only play a limited amount of time before having to wait many hours to progress, I know you can "buy" premium and with that the wait time is removed but currently the only way to obtain diamonds is randomly from grab bags with the rare occaisonal chance of winning 1 hour of premium, so I suggest increase the frequency/odds of being able to win 1 hour premium from grab bags or increase the amount of diamonds you can win from grab bags

4.5: diamonds, like stated above they are too hard to obtain, they are offered as rewards from grab bags but most oftenly you will only win 1 per grab bag if any at all, they are only offered as 1 diamond rewards and 9 diamonds (extremely rare) I think the 1 diamond reward should be replaced by the 9 diamond reward and make a better reward for the "rare" reward like 20-30 diamonds, now I understand there is supposed to be some kind of incentive for players to invest money in this game so that you can make a profit but currently there are no such offers available so another fix for this problem can be to get some kind of payment system up and running, I would be confortable investing $5 for 500 diamonds, an example payment system can be $5 for 500 diamonds, $10 for 1200 diamonds and $20 for 2500 diamonds, that way there would be more incentive to invest more money, that being said you could also add more items to the shop which could be buyable with diamonds, ect. ect.

5. account resetting, not really a problem but something that worries me, during alpha accounts have been wiped several times which is one of the major reasons I quit the game, I just didnt see the purpose of investing any time or effort into the game if all accounts were just going to be reset and I would have to work from scratch all over again anyway, I would like to know if there is any possibility of that happening again because I am hoping there isnt, the game with its very few problems aside is finally enjoyable again and I would rather not have a reason to quit a 2nd time

Final thoughts, I am amazed at how much cubelands has improved since that last time I played. Many of my friends and I have been exetremely critical of upjers in the past and even resentful, most of us gave up on the game along time ago but you guys have really turned around. I cant really express how proud and impressed I am with the latest developement of cubelands. I hope you guys continue to listen to the community and continue improving the game. So major props to upjers, I feel glad to be back. Maybe this time I will be here to stay.

Zyonmkxq

Postby Zyonmkxq » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm

EDIT: Thought I might mention, I am writing all this while waiting to do my next quest which is to ring 19 player gongs after already having to ring 19 player gongs 2 or 3 quests ago. So today, in just the last few quests I am required to ring 38 player gongs while I am only able to have 50 friends on my friend's list, what happens if I get the same quest again? Now I have to wait 24 hours to be able to ring the same players gongs again thus wasting time and keeping me from progressing. (This has happened to be before.)

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:02 am

Hi Zyonmkxq,

glad to have you back - and thanks a lot for the positive feedback from your end also - we're happy to hear that you enjoy the latest changes to the game. I've posted your suggestions on our feedback forum, so our developers know where to find it:

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1171&start=30#p15238

There also is a feedback button in-game, by the way - you can post there as well, if you'd like - the feedback there ends up directly with our developers. :)

Now, I've passed on the two questions included in your comment - the one about possible further resets and the one about the question, and I'll get back to you as soon as I received a reply. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 am

Hi again,

I am sorry about the delayed feedback hereM I haven't received a definite reply on possible resets during the beta phase yet - but I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

About the quest issue: you shouldn't have to wait for 24 hours, but only until your friends have sounded your gong the next day, though. The quest system is continually being worked on, though, so it's possible for these quests to still be changed.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Zyonmkxq

Postby Zyonmkxq » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Alrighty, Im liking the updates that came with the patch! I can now ring my own gong every 10 mins for some easy free money and "ring other player's gongs" quests seem to be alot less frequent now so I dont have to worry about getting stuck on them as much. Looks like the durability has been decreased on some blocks, it used to take 2 hits to destory a mud block and now it only requires 1 which is great because now I can level out more land in a shorter amount of time. Because of the latest updates I have been able to level up alot quicker and now my server is almost cleaned out and ready for building. Great updates! <3

Oh one thing I wanted to add to suggestions, I think we should be able to sell certain items in the inventory. For example, I have won a ton of wells from the grab bag, more then I will ever need and I would like to sell/get rid of some. Also if for example I were to buy 10 windows and find out I only needed 8 I would like to be able to sell the extras back.

Return to “General”