Should I?

Caliber Mengsk

Should I?

Postby Caliber Mengsk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:45 am

So, I've got my own personal dedicated server that I built, and have a great upload speed now. I know I haven't messed with cubelands in a while, but I can probably open up a server on the dedicated server without to many problems (maybe XD I use remote desktop to do things on it, so I don't know if it'd work due to not being able to render direct x properly).

Are there still enough griefers that it would matter if I left it open to the public without restrictions? This is of course for "classic", and would mainly be for people to have a dedicated server to go to rather then random people's servers. Heck, I probably have my old servers from yesteryear with stuff in them still.

GodCreator

Re: Should I?

Postby GodCreator » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 am

na man you dont need to. pple can host there own

-GodCreator/GC

rshema

Postby rshema » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Just put building rights and if you trust someone give them rights btw IM BACK FROM FLORIDA WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radaj

Postby Radaj » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:33 pm

You are more than welcome to.

However, if I may suggest something, create a copy of your world file before hosting an open free-build world. That way, if your world is "griefed" or destroyed, you will at least have a back-up to use and will be able to keep previously made creations intact.

rshema

Postby rshema » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 pm

its still not smart to make a server withought building rights

Return to “General”