Raise the number of market offerings

Post here if you have any ideas on how this game or subsequent versions could be improved! Please note we cannot comment on any proposal made, or add every new idea to the game.
Squats

Raise the number of market offerings

Postby Squats » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 am

Could we raise the maximum number of market offerings? As long as someone has only a single offering in a market item, I don't see a need to to limit the number of offerings to 20. If we could offer more. Currently, there are over 100 items that may be sold on the market (at least for me) but I am only allowed to sell 20 of them.

We could have a more robust market if people could sell more items.

Squats

Re: Raise the number of market offerings

Postby Squats » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Ok, so with today's update and at my current level, there are 163 different items that I can sell on the market. However, I am only allowed to sell 20 of them at a time.

Is there any justification for this? Being able to sell more items on the market can only be a good thing.

Collie Dog

Postby Collie Dog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:28 am

It would be better if we could sell more items on the market but we could have a
more robust market with things selling quicker if everyone sold their produce
cheaper than the shop. Some of the prices on the market are ridiculous and I generally
buy from the shop. A lot of people do that which isn't good for the market.

CD

RavenHill

Postby RavenHill » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:11 am

I agree; there is never a reason to buy any plant on the market for anything more than than seed store prices. Animal products, on the other hand, it's whatever the market will bear.

For a while, I had a campaign to educate people about this. I'd buy 10,000 carrots at the seed store and offer it on the market for 0.17, 1¢ more than I'd bought them for. The intention was that some newbie would buy some of the carrots at the ever so slightly inflated price, and I'd message them about not having to pay more than the seed store prices.

What happened instead is that a certain player — who shall remain nameless here — bought the whole offering. I sent him/her the message, saying how seed store carrots fulfill every purpose a carrot has and that there is never a reason to pay more than that. I bought more carrots, replaced the offering … and watched the same player snarf up the entire offering again. I wrote again, explaining what my reasoning was for the offering, that I was actually losing a little bit of money on the deal, and to please stop buying.

Another replacement, another snarf, and another message to the effect that they were not doing themselves or me any favors. Lather, rinse, repeat. Another message, this time simply, "Stop buying carrots at inflated prices!" over and over again to the character limit for messages.

I never got any reply back from them and after eight weeks, I gave up. What with the rapid snarfing and the gap before I would get back in to replace, I actually had only two certifiable new people manage to buy a couple dozen carrots, like I'd intended. I guess they won, but I'm not sure what. :wall:

name

Postby name » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 am

I am also starting to think that raising the number of possible offerings might make a positive change in the market. People might for example post some slow movers such as higher oils or special oils. right now, many don't want to waste one of their 20 slots for it. Furthermore, i cannot see a market for the flowers going if the number of possible posts is not increased.

laura-butterfly

Postby laura-butterfly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:11 am

The number of items to sell (20) has not increased over time, but the amount and variety of products have. The new upgrades have produced picnic products, flowers, flower arrangements, oils, new fruit and veg. Surely the number of items we can sell should be increased to cover this or we could have 20 fruit and veg, 10 oils, 10 picnic, 10 flowers, 5 flower arrangements for example.

Return to “Suggestions and Proposals”