guild professions or trades

ntaus

guild professions or trades

Postby ntaus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm having trouble finding out what to do in my profession - which is ship builder. Been all through the
forum and had no luck.

I've built two ships and am working on the third - but there are no FAQs to tell me what to do with those ships.

How do I organize expeditions - or is that up to the Guild Master.

How do I know what goods are needed or even where to go...

It's all a bit confusing. I'm the 2nd ship builder in my guild and, when I transferred material into the warehouse to
build a ship, my stuff was used twice before I could get started and I had to start over - which takes 3+ days each time.
There was no way to know that there was already a ship builder in the guild.

Please offer some kind of FAQs for Guild professions or trades. Any information would be welcomed :)

masterliger

Re: guild professions or trades

Postby masterliger » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Guild master has to christen the ship for it to be assigned to mercantile expeditions (after your guild master chooses a destination you can find it under the mercantile expeditions tab, the first task is to assign a ship). As a ship builder you can also repair ships which have returned from expeditions.

Best way to figure out who's doing what is just to ask and coordinate with the other ship builder.

ntaus

Postby ntaus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:02 pm

masterliger,

Thank you for your useful information - at least now I don't feel so much like an orphan :)
My guild master is also the other ship builder so I kind of hesitate to ask a lot of questions.

Thanks again...

sixfoureight

Postby sixfoureight » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:17 am

ntaus wrote:There was no way to know that there was already a ship builder in the guild.

Just thought I'd mention that you can see what profession other guild members have chosen by the icon under their name. Also, when you click the change profession button, it tells you how many of each profession are in the guild.

Also, you have the option of changing professions, and any experience gained in professions remains as it is, so don't worry about losing anything (except the 5000 thalers it costs to change profession).

With that said, as a ship builder, you can build and repair ships for XP, or complete shipbuilder related tasks. In my opinion, unless your guild is starting multiple expeditions daily, you won't need more than one shipbuilder per guild. Especially considering that at later levels, you need hundreds of logs/planks to build just one ship, you'd need a pretty big warehouse to support more than one active ship builder.

ntaus

Postby ntaus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Thank you for posting - very useful information.

I think I'll change professions :)

masterliger

Postby masterliger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Valid point early on about only needing one ship builder, however the level 5 ship takes 17 hours to build, and if you're running 10+ expeditions at a time (the repair for that being a % of the full build time, I believe) a second ship builder could be helpful. I suppose this is why the 2nd slots were made available though so most guilds could probably live with one.

Have some numbers I figured out (not counting animal products because there's so much variation in their production) on the # of plot days of growing to build ships (a maple log = 3*.76 = 2.28 days, an oak log = 3.04 days, etc) level 1-5, not really sure where else to post them so this is as good as anywhere:
L1: 125.4 plot days
L2: 243.2 plot days
L3: 278.16 plot days
L4: 481.08 plot days
L5: 709.2 plot days

MassWalt

Postby MassWalt » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I believe that the shipbuilder can also assign a location for a ship expedition.

Return to “Questions and Beginner Help”