Snow Fields Can't Be "Erased"

Maelysa

Snow Fields Can't Be "Erased"

Postby Maelysa » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Normally, when a player changes the arrangements of his fields, he can erase the ones he does not want by placing a tree or house or pen on top of them. Presto! You have fresh green grass. But these new winter fields seem to be permanent. Once established they do not go away. The picture is getting messy with spots of snow fields and green grass and flowers. It is one thing to have to live with snow on the farm.... (not much grows in snow so the agricultural image is strange) but to have the farm be half spring and half winter is not pretty. After all, when it is winter here, it is green and warm in the southern hemisphere. I was drawn to this game in the first place because of it's esthetics. Please fix this snafu. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Ruthhanney

Re: Snow Fields Can't Be "Erased"

Postby Ruthhanney » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 pm

I haven't removed/moved anything so that's not the reason I'm disliking the snow. It is much more difficult now when visiting to spot the watering/feeding 'spots' as they too are white. You are so right though about the aesthetics though. Cabbage and sage, along with all those potatoes we had to plant looked terrible!

sixfoureight

Postby sixfoureight » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:18 am

There's a new category under Paths, where you can buy a "remove terrain" item, does this removed the snowy crop land?

Maelysa

Postby Maelysa » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Yes it DOES work.....which is ominous. Is this another something we have to pay for with thalers? Formerly we could remove fields with a decoration or building. Now it takes a purchase? This will make it much more difficult (and expensive) to rearrange the farm with each new building or expansion. Bad new development! Boo! :roll: One would think the game developers want us to advance more slowly. That is one reason I can see for this new expenditure. Even more than the annoyance of having to buy these erasers, is the annoyance of having to use them. This process will only make it more cumbersome to rearrange the farm. I often plant extra crops in paths or empty spaces when there is need for extra harvest (like in a contest). For entertainment, I frequently look for more efficient and aesthetic ways to arrange my farm. That will probably stop. Did the developers want that result too?

Oh. And is it not spring below the equator? Or does no one below the equator play this game? The growing season is mostly green and verdant..... not snowy. I could almost deal with the snow if the entire farm was covered with snow. But it is only the fields. Go to Seattle and take some classes from Zynga. They know how to do it. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Maelysa on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:25 am

The terrain removal is cheap though. I doubt the 1 thaler per field will make anyone go bankrupt soon (especially not those people expanding and reorganizing their farm).

Spring will come to My Little Farmies eventually anyway, and then the frosty fields will disappear again. Perhaps next time around there will be tweaks to make it a bit more practical :)
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

fletchlives1

Postby fletchlives1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:41 pm

I hate this snowy fields thing - as someone else said, it makes crops and water icons hard to see - and I just think it looks like crap. Can't wait for this to go away.
Farm name: 2013Rav4

ntaus

Postby ntaus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:16 pm

I looked for 'terrain removal' and don't seem to have one. Just path removal - which doesn't work on
anything but paths.

It's very hard to see my sheep and geese.

ntaus

Postby ntaus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Oops! Found the remove terrain - great - I'm going to work :)

Maelysa

Postby Maelysa » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Most of my issues with the terrain removal are fixed now. In fact, controlling the terrain has been vastly improved. Some issues still have me confused.... but not so that I can't design the farm as I would like it to look. Many thanks to Upjers for the new features. :!:

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:53 am

I'm glad that you're happy with the new terrain features (and maybe we can make them a bit less confusing in the future) :)
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

Return to “Questions and Beginner Help”