Contest GP

FirstMason

Contest GP

Postby FirstMason » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 am

Contests give too low GP compared to expeditions. This is neither fair nor balanced.
One single ship going to Frostbergen and back gives almost the same GP as rank 1 in the contest after one week of hard work (and more GP than rank 2)! And this is without considering the GP of selling the cargo to colonial merchants or sending them to needy.

Do something about it. If it continues like this, fewer and fewer guilds will take contests seriously and one of the interesting aspects of the game will become obsolete.

squirrel59

Re: Contest GP

Postby squirrel59 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 am

I agree with this completely. We absolutely should have more GP for the contests than we do.

ETA: It stands to reason that you should get more GPs for something that you are actively working on, such a contest.

masterliger

Postby masterliger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:44 am

Something like 85% of the GP for donating goods to the needy for contest contributions would probably balance this out rather than worrying about adjusting prize.

The flip side is the trophies are truly top tier decorations, great popularity/plot, and not subject to the same diminishing popularity of other decorations.

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 am

As masterliger pointed out, the GP aren't the only reward for the contests - you also get the statues, which are also a bit of a status symbol.

Contests are relatively easy to participate in and don't require much coordination - it's a very simple task: Get as much of x as possible. Unfortunately, players also try to cheat to win rather often - raising the rewards would only increase that kind of behavior.

Guild expeditions reward more, because players don't just have to invest their time into producing things (supplies for the expeditions) and leveling their professions as individuals, but also have to coordinate tasks and productions with other guild members - it actually takes quite some effort because people are spread out all over the world and play at very different times.
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

FirstMason

Postby FirstMason » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:35 am

Who cares about decorations?
And no, winning the contest is not easy at all, trust me.
I never heard of any kind of cheat or exploit regarding the contest either. If there is a mysterious cheating method, block and fix it rather than punishing those who play without cheats.
So, you believe that one single ship should give more GP than the highest rank in the contest after one week of hard work?!

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:04 am

"Easy to participate in" doesn't mean easy to win - all I meant was that contests have a very simple basic premise: You dump in goods, you get prizes. It doesn't require communication or coordination. And again, the contest isn't all about the guild points -- it's about the statues and the prestige. Which is apparently still enough to evoke some very vicious competition.

If you prefer getting lots of experience, you can do the mercantile expeditions or donate to the needy :) It's all about setting priorities.
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

FarmerJablonski

Postby FarmerJablonski » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:27 pm

I guess I'm a vicious cheater. I thought strategy was the norm in the contests. I wouldn't have to be a vicious cheater if I could trade my trophy pieces. :(

Return to “General”