Stockroom sales

Manya

Stockroom sales

Postby Manya » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 am

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how the Stockroom sales work.

At first I thought it might be 1 sale for each friend every 24 hours, but that is clearly not true.

Then I thought maybe it's 1 sale from a single friend every 24 hours, but I was able to sell for a few different friends in one day, so this is not true either.

Can someone enlighten me on what determines whether I'm able to sell something from a given friend's Stockroom? Aside from the 24 hour cooling time of course.

ilkay

Re: Stockroom sales

Postby ilkay » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Your friends may or may not be locking their items, which will make them unsellable by others I guess. But if your friend's stockroom items are all unlocked, I have no idea how many times in what sort of duration you may sell the same player's stockroom items. I am constantly trying my friends' stockrooms, and I guess within a 24+ hour period, I only managed to sell stuff from 2 or 3 of my friends' stockrooms. All others were having many many items but they were all disabled.

Considering how low rep quests are giving, I am preferring to unlock all stuff and take the money instead because the money is not bad. I may of course regret if in some future quests starts to give decent amounts of reps :P

nightlazy

Postby nightlazy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:19 pm

>I may of course regret if in some future quests starts to give decent amounts of reps
I saw !many! complaints about it on other forums (PL, DE), people say that quests have fake rewards even on high levels. Maybe it has been already fixed, but I dont think so - my first quest : 9 points for 49 radiators ... :/ There are many complaints on different forums but seems the questing system is in the same raw state and I guess it will be the same for a long time %) And as I know (maybe I'm wrong) there are no other rewards for quests - only small amount of reputation points for a lot of stuff :/

>At first I thought it might be 1 sale for each friend every 24 hours, but that is clearly not true.
Why? I think it's true. Today I sold different parts in different stocks but I wasnt able to sell twice in the same stockroom. And tomorrow I'm going to check the phrase "Return in 24 hrs to sell the next parts" ;)
Spoiler:
>All others were having many many items but they were all disabled.
Maybe some players want to make quests very much so they just lock all items :/ Is it possible to discriminate the situation when all items are locked and the situation when a deal was already made today? Maybe there are some bugs with cache, maybe the game will allow to sell after a page refresh ...

ilkay

Postby ilkay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 am

I am absolutely so confused about how this friendship works. Apparently, my friends daily "help cleaning dirty garage" thing is not resetting with server reset. I have 9 friends and their daily task is not even resetting at the same time for all of them.

Some are opening later than others. And since yesterday's daily cleaning task reset, I am trying to sell items from all of my 9 friends' stockrooms. Almost 13 hours passed from their daily task resets and almost 8 hours passed since server reset, I think almost 24 hours passed since I managed to sell something from 2-3 neighbours yesterday morning.

And still, I am unable to sell anything from any of their stockrooms. I do not think they are locking everything because I am noticing like half an hour later I try a neighbours stockroom and failing because I see everything disabled, but I am noticing in the meantime some other players sold stuff from their stockroom because 2-3-4 of their items are 0 now in number. I do not think many of my neighbours would be finishing 3-4 quests within half an hour because quests have a cooldown timer around 30 minutes themselves if you do not use dosh.

So what is this? Do we have a different cooldown timer for :
    Server reset
    Clean the garage daily friendship task being enabled reset (and it is also a different time for each friend)
    Friendship stockrooms being enabled for selling stuff reset???

On top of that blackmarket also has its own reset timer (which at least is visible).

By the way if you got 9 rep for any quest it seems quite nice compared to my miserable quest rep rewards. I am on my 4th quest, which is rewarding a whole 2 rep for 49 steering wheels and the previous 3 quests also gave 3-2-3 rep rewards if I am not mistaken :/

Edit : I looked at the guide and it says :

Stockroom
"Visiting a friend's Garbage Garage enables you to sell car parts from their stockroom and split the profits. You can do that once every 24 hours at each of your friends' stockrooms. Of course you'll also reap half of the profit if one of your friends sells parts from your own stockroom."

Which is clearly not true :/It has been more than 24 hours obviously I started playing and more than 24 hours since my friendship list is full with 9 neighbours. I cleared most of their garages at least 2 times so far, which says more than 24 hours already passed. But until now, I only manage to sell car parts from 2 or 3 friends of mine yesterday morning. And nothing else from noone else.

Manya

Postby Manya » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 am

nightlazy wrote:
>At first I thought it might be 1 sale for each friend every 24 hours, but that is clearly not true.
Why? I think it's true. Today I sold different parts in different stocks but I wasnt able to sell twice in the same stockroom. And tomorrow I'm going to check the phrase "Return in 24 hrs to sell the next parts" ;)

You got my question wrong. What I'm saying there is, that I expected that I will be able to sell 1 item for *each* friend, but as noted, I maybe get to sell a couple of items from all the friends combined and I do have quite a few. I fully understand that one won't be able to sell more than 1 part from the same friend within the same 24 hours.

I also have a similar experience as ilkay, that the 'clean the garage' has reset at some random time for me, actually less than 24 hours since I got it the previous time.

As for the 'missions', I just reserve the item currently required, not all of them. So far (2 quests completed), that guy only wanted tires anyway. The reward for those is indeed rather low, so I don't see the need to be in any special hurry for it.
Last edited by Manya on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:33 am

Hi everyone,

as far as I am aware, you may sell one lot from your friends' stockrooms every 24 hours. You may use a friend's stockroom only 24 hours after you became friends and gain the respective reputation points - the reason for this is, that in the beginning, players kept switching friendships to boost their reputation points, and thus didn't accept friends anymore to actually become friends, but to gain reputation points fast.

The reason why players can lock items in their stockrooms is that there is a quest-system, too, which draws from the stockroom-items. During the quests, the Ludolfs will be asking you for specific items that can be found in the stockroom. If you are in the process of completing a specific quest and collecting items, and your friends were to sell of those items, then this would stop you from completing the quest. That's why the items in your stockroom are lockable.

If you give me your user name, ilkay, I can have a look at when your sales were - but as the system works, you should be able to sell one item per stockroom per friend every 24 hours. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

ilkay

Postby ilkay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:38 am

My username is Mama Pink :P I managed to sell items from 3 or 4 neighbours again around half an hour ago, but all the others are having all their items disabled. I am guessing they are locking them? It would still help if you can check why I am unable to sell anything from 6 of my neighbours, like ever :S

Manya

Postby Manya » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 am

Yes, it does seem to me that a lot of people have all their items locked as a rule. I just went through all my contacts, (looks like they just reset or something) cleaning their garages and managed to sell an item for a few of them.

It would indeed be helpful if we could somehow see the reason for not being able to sell something. I'll put it in the suggestions then. ;)

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:31 am

Hi again there,

I think Manya may be right here. The selling times of your stockroom look correct - also the periods in between. It makes sense though that if some of your friends have their parts locked, you wouldn't be able to sell those. Best ask one of your friends - they'd be able to tell you best whether they locked their parts - on purpose or just accidentally. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Manya

Postby Manya » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 am

I have made a survey among my contacts and it seems that the majority of them indeed keep their Stockrooms locked as a rule.

Return to “Questions and Beginner Help”