Gems

Need any help with the game? Our experienced players and moderators are happy to help out! Please look up our FAQ before asking!
kingrewt

Gems

Postby kingrewt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

I again have a question. It's about gems- I have 2 Black Granites (standard splinter) and they say they are level 5 and I am lvl 8. So why does it say I am to inexperienced to combine them. What level do I need to be?

Zyonmkxq

Re: Gems

Postby Zyonmkxq » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:06 pm

no idea i still cant combine at lvl 20 LOL but then again i really havent tried in awhile, maybe i should test this out later on but im preety sure itll be the same....

Radaj

Postby Radaj » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello kingrewt,

Gems have different standards or levels of quality.

Standard Splinter - Level 5
Better Splinter - Level 10
Splinter - Level 15
Super Splinter - Level 20
? Splinter - Level 25 ?

When your character level is at or above the level of the quality of the gem, you can combine them. So you will be able combine two Standard Splinter quality gems into a Better Splinter quality gem when you reach level 10, two Better Splinter quality gems into a Splinter quality gem when you reach level 15, and so on.

Also, the level of the gem dictates what level of equipment they can be placed in. For example, a level 19 piece of equipment could be socketed with a Splinter quality gem or with any gem lesser of lesser quality, but can not be socketed with a Super Splinter quality gem or with any gem of higher quality.

*Just a small note: I color coded it for better understanding, these colors do not represent the rarity of the gems in the game.

nostra
Koyotl-Team

Postby nostra » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi,

yes, Radaj is absolutly correct.

You should be able to combine two gems of the same kind and the same level by dragging one onto the other - that will then give you one new gem of a higher level. So if you have two gems of the same kind that are both level 5, you'll get one new level 10 gem.

If you haven't reached level 10 yourself yet, it will tell you you're to inexperienced. This is because you will not be able to use the gem to enhance your armor or waepons until you have that level, because you can only place gems into the pieces that have a least the same level als the gem does.

But if you're already level 20 and it still tells you that you are too inexperienced when you try to combine two level 5 gems of the same kind, then this is a probably bug and should be reported and treated as such.

Best regards,
nostra

Return to “Questions and Beginner Help”