Time and DATE Stamp

American Girl

Time and DATE Stamp

Postby American Girl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 pm

The time stamp on my in game messages is incorrect.

I just got a message from a club member and the header indicates:

Sender magicworld
Date/Time 04/02/2014 11:54 PM

Meanwhile it was not even 6 pm EST yet. :strange:

The same appears to be occurring in the Club Chat. I just posted and it is saying

03.04 00:13 AmericanGirl Good morning??? everyone

Maybe this is also an issue relevant to the merger? If so its somewhat annoying. Not only is it messing up the time but also the date.

i thought nothing was changing? Now I have to do math every time I read a message or a club post :|

pearlbay

Re: Time and DATE Stamp

Postby pearlbay » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 am

Hi AmericanGirl,

we haven't changed anything to the formatting of the time on FAZ. It always used to day, month, hours:minutes. (I have double-checked with our developers, who confirmed this).

So when it shows you 03.04, that means it's the third of April. Like I said before, this hasn't been changed, and has been like this since the game was first started.

I have just tested the time stamp on the regular IGMs as well as the club messages, and see the correct time - as the time has been changed to European Summer Time, that's what the message now indicates as date/time sent:

I can't really see any errors there, but I'll be happy to check again if you point me in the right direction. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

American Girl

Postby American Girl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 am

The time stamp on the System Messages is not the same as the messages sent by my peers in game.

... and all the times on my old messages has changed by adding 6 hours to them.

If I get a message at 6 pm it says Midnight.

Same with the club chat I sent a message at 6 and it was midnight there also... which also made it April 4th while it was still the 3rd where I live.

I thought that my peers would see a post or receive a message based on their respective time zone, not EST. At least that was what I was told by someone in club.

pearlbay

Postby pearlbay » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:24 am

Hi again American Girl,

the time/date of the messages you receive by the system, by players as well as the time/date on messages posted in your club-area are the time/date of our server, i.e. server-time. Since this is now Central European Summer Time, there indeed will be a few hours difference between the time zone you are in and ours.

It's 8:23 am CEST here in Germany right now, for instance and thus 2:23 am EDT in New York. I suppose if you say that the time displayed on the time stamp differed by 6 hours from where you are at right now, you must be at Central Daylight Time (CDT)?

Anyway, the time and date you see on the messages inside the game will, depending on the time of year, now either be CEST or CET (in winter), no matter who sent the messages to you, or where you are located at. :)

If you have any further questions about that, I'll be happy to answer them.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Return to “Bug Reports Server 1”