Is there a 'Lost in Translation' topic somewhere?

Redwinefairy

Is there a 'Lost in Translation' topic somewhere?

Postby Redwinefairy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:39 pm

I know that some games have a 'translation issues'topic in their improvements forum, but I can't find one here.

For example, in the circus game, what is a 'bullhorn' is known in English as a 'megaphone'. What is correctly known as an accordion in the circus game was called something else (will edit when I remember) in another trade building hidden object game.

Is there such a place hidden somewhere on this forum? This isn't related to the cryptic clues in the 'Solve the Puzzle'' mysteries, but a straight translation issue which might affect people with various mother tongues who are scratching their heads at the obscure/outdated translations.

springbok7

Re: Is there a 'Lost in Translation' topic somewhere?

Postby springbok7 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

There is a typos, grammar fixes, etc topic in bugs that would probably be the best place for things like that. Though to be honest, bullhorn and megaphone are terms that are used depending on where you live.... like UK vs US english...

http://forum.us.upjers.com/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=8545

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 am

Yep, that would be the one!
(all those errors that I mention in there are usually due to translation errors).

As springbok pointed out, some issues are US vs UK English and wouldn't get fixed. But if it's bad enough to render something "ungoogleable" I will always fix it :)
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

Redwinefairy

Postby Redwinefairy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

Thank you both for the explanation, and the link to the forum; much appreciated.

Return to “Suggestions and Proposals”