New Forum

Questions about the game? Please first consult our in-game help or consult the FAQ, before posting your questions here!
Hyperion

Re: New Forum

Postby Hyperion » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:34 am

I did finally attempt to move over to the portal but ran into another problem: my username "Hyperion" is taken on the portal. Not really surprising I guess. So, for now this doesn't seem to come together for me. (Unless the user is actually me and I did sign up a while back and just cannot remember with what email address. I do remember fiddling around with the portal a bit way back.)
Hyperion, S1, http://www.myfreezoo.com/nickpage/index/user/11085811
MFZ org is looking for active members. If you are interested, please contact Hyperion or Thalla.

hunch

Postby hunch » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:04 am

when i began using the portal, i added random people i knew from this forum, to get the upjers' friend achievement, they get you points you see; anyway when i got to 'Hyperion' yes the name was there, but i havent got a reply from them since, so it could either be your long forgotten portal account, or just some other inactive guy :?

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 am

It is funny you mention this as just another player asked me why I never responded to their pm on the portal forum.

Not sure but if the portal forum pm is like the current forum pm the default would be that I get an email notification when somebody sends me a pm. That would suggest that it is actually not my account as I am pretty sure that I would have gotten such email. Darn, I was hoping as I believe in basic game name - forum name equivalence; I don't want to post in a game forum with a name other than my user name. I mean that is a place where players can meet, which is otherwise difficult in the zoo as not rankings or player listings exist there. In fact many players know me from the forum.
MFZ org is looking for active members. If you are interested, please contact Hyperion or Thalla.

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 am

The content is not going to be lost, you can still come here to read it. It just won't be open to new posts.

Our forums are somewhat scattered in most languages. I currently have to visit 6 different sets of forums for all of our games (some of them are almost completely inactive). All new game forums will be created in the Portal. With the addition of yet another forum, it made sense to consolidate things. Most of the smaller communities are moving their forums to the Portal - mostly because we can do so ourselves, have less work with moderators and such and have a bit more time to work on projects like that. The German forums will probably move eventually, as time permits - but it entails more work, and as you've noticed yourself, the outcry there would be much greater.

Importing Forums is not as easy as it sounds - I've been looking into it, but since the forums have slightly different configurations and very different user pools (and usernames). That, combined with the way the Portal accounts work, I can't just drag them over magically. I would like for the new forums to look populated as well, but that'll just have to come naturally. I've included links to the old forums in each game's "General" area. It's better to get it out of the way now, than deal with an even bigger kerfuffle in the future.

As for you, Hyperion:
You do receive notifications for messages on the Portal forums as well. I'm fairly certain that the Hyperion in the Portal isn't you. It's a pretty old account, but unfortunately, we can't free those up. You could still make custom signatures and whatnot to let people know who you are (I know it's not the same). A lot of the more "famous" Forum people have different names in the Portal.
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 am

Gosh, there are famous people on a forum?

After I ran into the username problem I also realized that moving multiple game forums into one portal forum cannot possibly be smooth for that issue alone.

verkon
upjers-team

Postby verkon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 am

Hyperion wrote:Gosh, there are famous people on a forum?

Well, there are some people that are more recognizable than others ;)
Click HERE for help!
My PMs are disabled, but I will gladly answer any inquiries via the support form!

Return to “Questions and Beginner Help”